Two Years.

Nearly two years have gone by.  I know there is a part of me that romanticizes the two-month journey the Lord took us on.  But mostly, in hindsight I am able to see God's grace more clearly.  I know it was hard.  I know that by week seven I was so ready to come home.  But part of me stayed in Asia.

I sometimes wonder what your experience was like.  What do you think of when you look back on those months?  Do faces of the people we shared with ever come back to you?  Do you ever dream and pray that those who decided to follow Jesus would stay strong?  What do you think of me?  Do you ever think of that time, of our team, of our family overseas?



So much has happened in two years.

Maybe when people look at my life, it looks stagnant.  Maybe it looks like nothing much has changed.  My heart would tell you differently.  God has continued to refine me, to scoop out more junk, and bless me with simple, little gifts of Grace.  There have been times where I didn't want to pursue Him.  I didn't want to read His love letter, I didn't want to talk to Him.  But when I look back at these past two years, I am overwhelmed by the Love He has so abundantly given.  The sweet lessons of grace, patience, and humility.  The visible patience He had with me.

Although my heart longs to experience the Lord like I did in Asia, when I pause and reflect, I can clearly see that He never left me, He never stopped the work He promised to finish, He never ceased being sovereign.

I wonder where your hearts are, and I pray that they are both crying out desperately to the Lord, and allowing Him to fill them up beyond capacity.

I love you dearly.

♥恩雨

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Thursday

{Psalm 8}

Striving.