The Encouragement Endeavor.

Does this sound like a big feat?  Well, it is.

Yesterday, my heart broke and I felt overwhelmed in grief for my mom.  She has been fighting MS for over 25 years, and watching it slowly take more from her is painful to watch.  Not only is she physically dwindling, but more so, her spirit is suffering.  I finally hit a wall, and I started bawling. So I sat with God and told Him how I felt.  I remembered that it was okay to dish it out.  He's big enough and strong enough to shoulder our grief, and more importantly, He cares about us.  So I laid it out there.  And then I slept on it.

This morning, I wasn't sure what to think or feel.  I was all cried out, my eyes still puffy, and I just had to push through to get to work.  And then something happened.  I began to realize that I believed that God could intervene.  That God was truly there.  That He had me, as the Holy Spirit has been whispering into my ear all week.  I have you.  I have you.  I realized that I wanted to pray for my mom, and for the first time, I trusted God to handle it.  And then He showed me how to love her.  How to encourage her.  How to face the crisis in front of me.


I'm calling this "The Encouragement Endeavor".  I'm determined to encourage her, to shower her in love.  I'm creating a video of, well, everything.  My new home, which she hasn't been able to come see.  The sky.  Flowers.  People who love her.  Anything I find funny or pretty along the way.  Words of hope.  Psalms.  Scripture.  Sounds.  The ocean. Things she can't interact with anymore because she's pretty much confined to her home.  Taking suggestions!


Grateful that God doesn't leave us alone to struggle.  
Grateful for His love, His faithfulness, for His heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Thursday

{Psalm 8}

Striving.