"God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars." - Martin Luther | adventuring through God's beautiful earth, and seeking Him along the way.
What is man that You remember him, the son of man that You look after him? You made him little less than God and crowned him with glory and honor. Psalm 8:4-5 Oh my heart. Sometimes, I am just straight up baffled at why the Lord desires to know me and use me and bless me and love me, because I just don't seem lovable enough. But then I am grateful, because unworthiness the platform for grace . So then, in my ugliness and chaos, I am in the perfect place to accept God's love. Which is beautiful , because that's usually when I need love the most. I will always be grateful for this season of life. It is definitely not where I imagined myself now, and it is definitely not how I would have planned it for myself, but it is so beautiful. So desperately , perfectly beautiful, in a very countercultural way. You see, I thought I'd be married right now. I never set many career goals. I never had any financial plans. I ju...
One of the most beautiful cries out to the Lord that I have heard, and the prayers of my heart if they were a song. "...more and more I need You now , I owe You more each passing hour, the battle between grace and pride I gave up not so long ago So steal my heart and take the pain and wash the feet and cleanse my pride take the selfish , take the weak, and all the things I cannot hide take the beauty, take my tears, the sin-soaked heart and make it Yours take my world all apart take it now, take it now..." "Worlds Apart" - Jars of Clay ♥
These past two weeks have been an absolute roller coaster. I have become extra familiar with the third floor of the old building at the hospital (and pretty much every other floor). The change in my appetite has thrown me for a loop, and my cup of grace is dwindling. My supply of tears has somehow grown and has spilled over more times than I would have imagined possible. Today I finally recognized some of the lies that the enemy has been trying to tell me, and I want nothing more than to renounce them. Rather than writing the lies I've battled this week, I'm writing the truths God tells me instead. I am strong . Where I am weak, God is glorified ; my weaknesses are never in vain, Satan cannot capitalize on them if I lay them at Jesus' feet. My life doesn't have to be in perfect order before I am qualified to help people. It is okay to cry in the middle of a church service (and not everyone is looking). I am not alone. I am called out, I ...
Comments
Post a Comment