Top Ten #8: Christmas Edition

So Christmas felt a little different this year.  My step-grandpa passed away this summer while I was in Asia, and he was definitely missed.  No one mentioned his absence, but I knew my grandma was heartbroken. It was her first Christmas without him in about 25 years.  The other side of my family got sick, and no one was up to play Apples to Apples or go outside, two things I was really excited to do.  Even so, I am overjoyed that we got to celebrate another Christmas, so here are my top ten things I'm most thankful for this Christmas season:

{1} Family to spend time with & laugh with & learn more about.

{2} Christmas trees.

{3} Christmas Eve candlelight service & worship.

{4} Gifts: CBU Alumni Association membership, GRE study books, Green Bay Packers hat, Love Propagation gloves, self-defense/handgun course, M&Ms, & the Ragamuffin Gospel (:

{5} Christmas lights late at night.

{6} Tradition: OH Bakery Kringles.

{7} Tradition: new ornaments from grandma.

{8} A Christmas Story on TV for 24hrs.

{9} Linus preaching it on national television (Charlie Brown Christmas!)

{10} God's beautiful gift of hope to all people, in the form of a precious newborn, and the grace and love He demonstrated through His sacrifice.

Comments

  1. You'll have to let me know what you think of The Ragamuffin Gospel after you read it! I've been wanting to read it for a while, but haven't gotten around to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Thursday

{Psalm 8}

Striving.