Poema.

"For we are God's masterpiece. 
He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, 
so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." 
Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

Masterpiece.

The Greek word there is poema. A work of art.

Work was crazy today.  Frustrated and wiped out,
I walked out of the store on my lunch break and saw this:


And I stood and stared for a minute, lost in thought.
God painted this sky.
He chose to make it do that.
And it's amazing.
But yet, this is not what He calls His masterpiece.

He chooses to call us, little us,
selfish, spiteful, broken us,
His poema.
His work of art.
His masterpiece, His workmanship.

I almost started crying in disbelief.
Because the sky never hurt God.
I, in my flesh, have.
And yet, He loves me more.

And my heart was filled with joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Thursday

{Psalm 8}

Striving.